MOTONOSTALGIA 2021 RACE RULES
1. The retro race at the old-timer motorcycle
festival MotoNostalgia 2021 will take place on Sunday, July 18th approximately
between 13:00 and 15:30. We kindly ask you to park your bike to the exhibition
area when you arrive at the festival so that you can move to the start of the
race on time. Please follow the instructions of the organisers at all times.
2. The race will be held in a sprint format where contestants start their race one by one after every minute and the race will be timed. Race results will be published on the information point wall.
3. There are 11 different racing categories at the MotoNostalgia race. Take-offs will take place starting from the motorcycles that have the smallest cubature.
Racing categories are as follows:
- Mopeds up to 50ccm
- Solo bikes up to 200ccm
- Three-wheeled motorbikes
- Solo bikes up to 350ccm
- Sidecar motorcycles up to 350ccm
- Female motorcyclists
- Solo bikes up to 750ccm
- Sidecar motorcycles up to 750ccm
- Monster class
- Solo sport bikes
- Sport bikes with a sidecar
4. Schedule of the take-offs will be published on-site on information stands together with broadcasted calls for the following race class contestants to move to the start/take-off area of the race. The green flag marks the start of the race. The chequered flag marks the finish. The red flag is waved to announce that the race must be stopped immediately.
5. To recognise yourself with the race track, the track will be open for warm-up races from 10:45 until 11:45. Taking part is voluntary. You are allowed to take part only if you have registered and already received your racing number.
- The purpose of the warm-up race is to recognise yourself with the track, during which you will ride through two circuits (inner and outer). You can exit through the gate at the far end of the Tribune building.
- Motorcyclists will be entering the track for the warm-up race one by one, after every 30 seconds.
6. Instructions in Estonian and English will be given at 11:45 in front of the Award Ceremony Podium. Every contestant is racing on the track on their own responsibility. MotoNostalgia, as the organiser, doesn’t take any responsibility in case of the negligence of the contestants or nonobedience of the rules.
7. Wearing a helmet at the
race is mandatory. Without one, you will not be allowed to race.
8. The participant makes sure their motorcycle is fully functional and safe to use.
9. Dirt track racing tires are not allowed on any of the wheels (front, sidecar or back).
10. Racing under the influence of alcohol or drugs is not permitted. If intoxication is detected before the race, you will be eliminated from the race.
11. Racing is only allowed for persons
over 12 years of age. Underage contestants can race with written permission
from their parent(s).
12. Contestants will be participating on their own accord, the document that needs to be signed can be viewed HERE, you can also download, print, sign and bring it with you to speed things up. For the signed document you will receive your racing number.
Racing numbers will be handed out based on the registration checklist before the race from 9:00 in the MotoNostalgia booth located in the middle of the LaitseRallyPark tribune building. Racing numbers will need to be fixed onto the motorcycle front fork (we will give you the ties for that) or somewhere else visible. You can keep the racing number.
14. You will ride two circuits at the race - inner an outer. Time will be stopped when you will have passed through both circuits and the finish line.
15. We would like to remind you that over speeding is an option. Every contestant selects the appropriate speed for themselves to pass the track.
16. If something should happen to you while on the track, please follow the guidelines below:
1. Come off your motorcycle and make sure your current location is safe.
2. There is a designated safety observer at the highest point of the race track who oversees everything that's happening on the track and notifies if a dangerous situation or an accident has occurred.
3. If necessary, the relief team will arrive for help and the motorcycle will be moved to the border of the track to safety. It will be transported back to the owner during a race break.
4. There will be an ambulance team at the race who is ready to help immediately.
17. The final race will be held in a
different format during which the ultimate final three between all the class winners will be determined. It will be held in front of the Tribune building on the straight part of the track. The vehicle for the final race will be enabled by the MotoNostalgia organising team, what it is exactly, will be clarified before the final race. The Award Ceremony will take place on the podium of LaitseRallyPark at approximately 15:00. Every class winner is an award winner, special prizes for the final three.
We wish you a nice time and an enjoyable nostalgic race. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the organising team.
Phone: +372 508 9038